Our two year old classes includes children between the ages of 24 months to 36 months. By the time your child leaves the 2-year-old classrooms, he/she should be able to:
- Hold a crayon, marker, or pencil correctly, and show an interest in wanting to write
- Build a tower of at least 8 blocks
- Stand on one foot, and jump with both feet
- Kick into the air as if kicking an imaginary ball
- Walk on tippy-toes
- Know his/her first and last names
- Know if he/she is a boy or a girl
- Uses the word “I” and “me” correctly, and begin to use words in plural form
- Repeat a series of 2 numbers, for examples 3, 5
- Understand the concept of just one
- Form sentences with at least 3 words
- Identify at least 6 animals
- Count to 3, count 3 objects
- Understand about simple dangers and hazards, such as fire, insects, etc.
- Put on his/her own coat or jacket and take off coat or jacket
- Wash and dry hands all by him/herself
- Be potty trained or at least well on his/her way to being trained
Our Pre-K 2.5 classroom is where our pre-school program officially begins. The children in this classroom are two and a half or close to that age at the beginning of the new school year (early to mid-August).
Generally, children who start in a pre-school class at the beginning of a new school year, will stay in that classroom all school year long (from August until the following May).